Getting ready for your visit
Once you've purchased your tickets, it's time to get ready for your visit to the ranch! Please note that Animal Tracks is open to the public by reservation only.
What to wear
Animal Tracks is located in the high desert, so we experience a wide range of temperatures. It's always a good idea to check the weather in the days leading up to your visit so that you can plan accordingly!
- The ranch is very dusty and you might be getting up close and personal with the animals, so clothes you don't mind getting a little dirty are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes are preferred
- The sun can be very strong in the summer, so we strongly recommend applying sunscreen before you arrive.
- Temperatures in the winter months can drop into the 40s. Check that weather!
What to bring
- Be sure to pack a bottle of water!
- We love produce, and so do our animals! Here's a list of treats you can bring for our furry, scaly, and feathered friends.
Our favorite spots
Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is open from sunrise to sunset for outdoor activities. The park has equestrian areas, picnic areas, hiking trails, and rock climbing. The Pacific Crest Trail passes through Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park and can be used for short as well as lengthy hikes.
Agua Dulce Winery is a 90 acre, family owned and operated, fully operational winery and vineyard, featuring daily wine tasting and tours, a gourmet gift shop, and wine sales.
Maria Bonita Mexican Restaurant
An Animal Tracks favorite for enchiladas and frozen margaritas.
A bakery, cafe, bar, and restaurant in one. Perfect if you're in the mood for a sweet treat or sandwich.